Sunday, November 16, 2008

Horrible Way to Return to a Blog...

I've been meaning to come back to this at some point, so here I go, even though the only people who read this are probably the ones I've already filled in:

My house in YL is fine--ashy, dusty, etc., but still standing. The fire came up to the houses above mine on the north hillside, and some embers jumped and ignited on houses east of mine. Fortunately, the firefighters--who are doing an absolutely incredible job--set backfires to counter the flames coming over the hill, so everything seems okay where my house is.

UNfortunately, the fire both burned houses of people we know and is continuing to burn in Brea and up into Diamond Bar. My little sister's friend lost his whole house. His family was gone at the time the fire started, so on the up-side, they are safe. On the down-side, however, they didn't have any time to grab anything and have lost everything they owned.

Kind of puts things like Torrey papers, class schedules, and ant infestations into perspective.

No comments: